The HESI A2 exam is given at the Testing Center of the Irving Center, 1081 W. Shady Grove Rd., Irving, TX 75060 in Room 1111.
Please arrive at 8:40 a.m. to check-in. The exam starts promptly at 9 a.m.
How to register for HESI
HESI A2 testing at the Testing Center is for students who have been admitted to Dallas College and are prospective candidates who are applying to the one of the Dallas College Nursing and/or Health Professions Programs.
Students wanting to request exam dates for a particular month must participate in registration and abide by the registration process and how it works for everyone.
Below are instructions for Online Registration for the Testing Center of the Irving Center.
- Create an Evolve/Elsevier Account at the Evolve/Elsevier homepage before registration day.
Do not attempt to register for HESI exams through your Evolve/Elsevier account.
Learn more about how to create your Evolve account and link it to your student ID.
- Registration day takes place once a month at 11a.m. and this website should be pulled up at 10:55 a.m. then click on the refresh icon for a current screen. When the link is posted it will be located under # 2. The user can register in once (1) for each date for a maximum of two individual dates. Deadline months will have up to 60-90 requests, so spaces will fill up rather quickly.
There are 40 total spaces to be filled.
Students will be notified 1-2 days after registration day about the status of their request. We appreciate your patience and understanding of how this process works for everyone. Use Mozilla Firefox is recommended.
HESI A2 Registration Dates for Spring 2020
(all dates are subject to change)
|Registration Dates||Exam Dates|
|Jan. 6|| Jan. 27, 28, 29, 30|
|Feb. 3||Feb. 17, 18, 19, 20|
|Mar. 9 ||Mar. 23, 24, 25, 26|
|Apr. 1 || Apr. 6, 7, 8, 9|
|May 4||May 18, 19, 20, 21|
Guidelines and Important Information for Registration
Please read and follow all instructions listed below for the Hesi Online Registration process. Failure to do so may seriously delay your Nursing and/or Healthcare Program Application and may incur new testing fees. There is no flexibility on HESI guidelines/rules below.
- Must be a current Dallas College student and must be in the process of applying to the Dallas College Nursing and/or Healthcare Professions Program. For specific inquiries regarding Nursing and/or Health Care program requirements at El Centro, contact the Advisor at the Health Occupations Admissions office at 972-860-5004.
- All students wanting to take the Hesi Exam at the Irving Center must participate in registration and submit a request form.
If you are emailed about an available space, you will need to pay by the deadline date in order to confirm your exam date; if this is not done, you will lose that space for that specific month and will have to wait until the next registration.
- Plan ahead and select your test dates wisely because there will no rescheduling of exam dates and no refunds effective January 4, 2016.
- We also have Hesi Exam preparation materials at the Testing Center of the Irving Center.
- Before retesting the applicant is strongly encouraged to review areas needing improvement prior to participating in the next registration.
HESI Helpline: 214-891-1327
Instructions for your exam appointment:
- Practice logging into your Evolve/Elsevier account with your user name and password before exam day, so you will be prepared when your scheduled exam day arrives and so that you do not disturb those who are testing on exam day. If you have questions regarding logging in, you will need to ask them before your scheduled the exam date.
All tests will begin at 9 a.m. at 1081 W. Shady Grove Rd. Irving Tx 75060 Room 1111
arrive at 8:40 a.m. (20 minutes) before your scheduled appointment.
- Bring your current government-issued photo ID or Dallas College ID card and present it to the Testing Center Staff along with your payment confirmation on your phone for that specific month to receive your assigned seat number.
- Please bring a quarter to lock up all electronic devices, books, papers, purses in the lockers. The quarter will be returned to you when you retrieve your items.
For the ADN program, there are five main parts to the test:
- Vocabulary and General Knowledge
- Anatomy and Physiology
For questions about other program test requirements, other than the ones listed above, please consult your nursing packet or contact the Advisor at the Health Occupations Admissions office at 972-860-5004. If you are applying to another Health Professions and/or Nursing program at Brookhaven or Mountain View, you need to contact their Nursing Program and/or Health Professions Department for further confirmation.
When taking Hesi A2 for the first time, all students are required to take Personality Profile and Learning Styles tests.
Students are allowed to take the HESI A2 test once (1) per month.
HESI Helpline: 214-891-1327
General Questions: 214-891-1349