The Dallas College Distinguished Alumni Awards honors outstanding alumni who, through their service and achievements, personify Dallas College’s tradition of excellence.
This award does more than honor its recipients, it also illustrates the great value of the academic programs at Dallas College and increases the pride that all alumni, staff, and faculty have for the College.
- Must be an alum of a campus within Dallas College which includes Brookhaven, Cedar Valley, Eastfield, El Centro, Mountain View, North Lake, Richland, and the Bill J. Priest Institute. An alum is anyone having obtained a degree, certification or completed at least 12 credit hours.
Click here for a list of certifications.
- Achieved a high level of accomplishment, recognition or leadership in their career, military service and/or life experiences. Achievement is measured across multi levels within an organization or professional field. Demonstrated commitment to their community through service and volunteerism (e.g., non-profit, civic, faith-based organizations, etc.).
Award Categories – 7 Awards
- Emerging Alumni Award (1) - A recent alum who has demonstrated a record of extraordinary service and achievement.
- Distinguished Alumni Award (4) - An alum who exhibits outstanding leadership and achievement in their professional field or community involvement.
- Employee Alum (2) - Selection from among employee alums who exhibit outstanding leadership and achievement both in their work and community involvement.
Method of Nomination and Selection
- Nominations for the Dallas College 2023 Distinguished Alumni Awards will be accepted for any alum meeting the criteria, including self-nominations. Application for nomination should be completed at the link below. Additional information required: a biography, resume/curriculum vitae, at least two letters of support and recent, high-resolution photo (headshot). You are welcome to send in additional supporting documents (e.g., previous awards, newspaper and/or web articles, social media posts, etc.).
Nomination deadline: Friday, September 22, 2023, by 5:00 p.m. Late nominations will not be considered.
- The Dallas College Distinguished Alumni Awards Selection Committee will review each nomination and select the honorees that meet award criteria and demonstrate achievements, accomplishments, and community involvement.
2020 Distinguished Alumni Winners
2019 Distinguished Alumni Winners
William "Bill" Holston, Jr., J.D.
Tracy Eubanks and Metrocrest Services
2018 Distinguished Alumni Winners
Sam Pack and Pack Automotive