The Management program at Richland teaches students the skills, knowledge and attitudes required to ensure their success in functioning proficiently as managers or supervisors in any for-profit or nonprofit organization. Every company in every industry needs well-educated, highly motivated supervisors and managers to help achieve organizational goals.
Learn to Lead ... and Others Will Follow
If you want to become a successful, knowledge-based leader, then our Management program is ideal for you. It is flexible and designed for any student who is currently employed at least 15 hours per week and is already a manager or supervisor or wants to become one.
In our program you will learn many strategies, skills, techniques and concepts, including how to:
- Become a superb supervisor.
- Proactively resolve conflicts.
- Build high-performing teams.
- Select and retain the best employees.
- Develop short-term, moderate and long-term plans.
- Get work accomplished effectively through others.
- Use communication strategies that inspire others.
- Effectively motivate and manage diverse, multi-generational workgroups.
- Develop rewarding incentive programs that enhance employee productivity.
- Boost employee loyalty and increase organizational trust.
- Effectively manage change and minimize employee resistance.
- Solve organizational problems through the use of creative decision-making techniques.
- Effectively manage projects.
- Apply cutting-edge, quality management and leadership strategies to strengthen and unify your organization.
Learn the special benefits our program offers and the benefits that employers can expect to gain when their employees enroll in the program.
Work Experience Credit
You can earn a total of 12 semester hours toward your associate degree! Learn through cooperative education, a unique component of our Management program.