​When and where are the program information sessions?

The program information sessions are now online. When the information session is available (typically no later than January for the next application period), there will be a link posted on the left side of this page, and it will take you to the session video. Watch the entire video; there will be further instructions at the end. If you have further questions after viewing the video, consult the program information packet or visit with one of the program's faculty or advisors.

How do I apply to the program?

First, watch the online information session. Then follow the instructions at the end of the video to get to the application. You must have completed the five prerequisite courses to apply to the program: English Composition I, College Algebra, Anatomy and Physiology I, Introduction to Radiography and Radiographic Imaging Equipment.

Do you offer evening classes?

No, all of our didactic (lecture/lab courses) are only offered during the day and afternoon. Once in the program, you will complete half of your clinical time during traditional day shifts and half during evening shifts.

How do I apply for the CT or Vascular Interventional certificate programs?

First, you must be registered by the ARRT or NMTCB to enter the CT program, and you must be registered by the ARRT to enter the Vascular Interventional program. If you are registered by one of these agencies, then take a look at the appropriate program information packet. Within the information packet is a link that you can click on to begin the application process.

How often do you start a new class?

Classes start once per year in the Summer semester, and CT and Vascular Interventional classes start once per year in the F​all semester.

Do I have to have all of the prerequisite courses completed by the program application deadline?

Yes, all program prerequisites must be completed before the application deadline for each program. For the Radiologic Sciences program, some classes end within a few days of the application deadline, and an exception can be made. You must contact the program office to verify that the course end date will be acceptable.

Do I have to take the HESI exam at Brookhaven, or can I take it at another location?

Yes, the HESI exam must be taken at Brookhaven with the Radiologic Sciences program. We offer the HESI exam once per year in April. More information will be available to you once you begin the application process. Please refer to the program information packet and the program information session for additional information. The HESI exam is not required for the CT or Vascular Interventional certificate programs.

Do I have to be a student at Brookhaven to apply to the program?

You must be a student at a Dallas College campus to apply. If you are not a current student, simply complete the online application for admission. After you have applied, you will be assigned a student ID. You will need this ID during the program application process.

Does community service count toward the application points for the program?

General community service does not count toward the application points. However, volunteering in a health care setting will award you points toward your Radiologic Sciences program application. You must have a minimum of 100 hours in the past year to qualify for points. Please refer to the program information packet and the program information session for additional information.

What settings are acceptable for documenting health care volunteer experience?

The Brookhaven Radiologic Sciences program will accept documentation for health care volunteer experience from health care facilities that have volunteer organizations in place that provide orientation to the health care settings and have a volunteer coordinator who can provide documentation verifying volunteer hours.

The program will accept documentation for health care work experience from the following settings: hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, doctor's offices or clinics, urgent care clinics, physical therapy centers and imaging centers.

How many people apply to the program, and how many do you admit in each class?

We typically have anywhere from 80–100 qualified applicants, and we take the top 30 students and ties, since our application process is points-based. Please refer to the program information packet and the program information session for additional information.

Do I have to have all of my immunizations completed before I apply?

No, you do not have to have all of your immunizations completed prior to applying. You will, however, have to have those completed prior to going to the hospital for your first clinical rotation. This occurs in the S​pring semester of your second year. If you do not have the Hepatitis B series of injections, you may want to start those prior to applying, since it takes six months to complete the series. Also, you may want to begin gathering all of your shot records so that you will have those available when needed. You will not need to provide those until you have been accepted to the program.

How much does the program cost?

The program's estimated costs can be found in detail in the program information packet. The costs are subject to change, but this will give you a rough estimate. Always consult the program website for the most up-to-date tuition rates.