Attending an information session is the first step toward a successful education and career journey with WorkReadyU. Here, you'll learn important information about program requirements, orientation and required testing for class placement.
Information Session Consists of:
- Program overview, including available classes and locations
- Completion of program assessment
- TABE Test (Test for Adult Basic Education): This measures basic academic skill levels in math, reading and language
- BEST Plus and Literacy Test: This measures language skill levels in both written and oral formats
- CASAS Assessment: This measures basic and academic skills for adults and curriculum tools to target instruction
- Placement into appropriate class
Need To Know
must show two forms of valid government-issued ID. Passports are accepted.
must attend the entire Information session, which typically lasts from three to four hours. Students may attend any information session on the schedule below; you do not need to attend more than one.
- Children are not permitted to attend the information session, testing or class. Child care is not provided for face-to-face sessions.
- To begin the process to the information session, students must fill out the WorkReadyU Interest Form. After you submit the Interest form, you will receive an email that will explain your next steps: getting your student ID, creating your eConnect account and signing up for an orientation day and time. Your student ID will be used throughout your academic journey, and the eConnect account will be used to place you in your classes. You must get your student ID and create an eConnect account before signing up for orientation.
Information Session Schedule
To attend an In-person Information Session, please fill out the interest form and follow all steps that will be sent to your e-mail.
WorkReadyU Interest Form. You will receive an email reminder with location details a few days before the date you chose to attend the Information Session
Please note that Information Sessions may take 1-2 hours to complete.
In-Person Information Session Dates