Our Services

​​​Adopt an Angel

Every year we try to make the Holiday Season special by organizing the Adopt an Angel Program. Volunteers from our El Centro Community adopt a child’s name provided by the ARC staff. Come by our office to register your child no later than October 31.

Chaparral Food Pantry

The Chaparral Food Pantry aligns with our Guided Pathway Initiative in eliminating barriers to student success. The pantry is here to support the El Centro campus community. Please visit the Food Pantry website for more information.

Child Care Assistance Program

Through a calculation of enrollment hours and other information, ARC helps single parents to students (male or female) to subsidize their child care expenses. This program is funded by the Carl Perkins Grant. This alternative for receiving childcare assistance provides our students with the opportunity to take steps toward their educational goals. Contact ARC for further information.

Eligibility Requirements for Child Care

To be eligible for the Child C​are Reimbursement Program, the following must be met:

  • A single parent student (male or female)
  • Enrolled in at least 6 credit hours (Spring/Fall), 3 credit hours (Summer) or the equivalent contact hours in continuing education. Hours must be El Centro hours. Hours from another campus will not be included when percentage of assistance is calculated.
  • Must have at least a 2.0 GPA and be in good standing with the College and the ARC
  • Must be Federal PELL Grant eligible through Financial Aid Department
  • Must NOT be receiving any other type of Childcare Assistance, such as CCMS, Child Care Group, etc.

TECH/OCC Degree Textbook Loan Program

Do you need assistance with books? If you are enrolled in at least 6 semester hours and can show financial need, the ARC has a variety of technical/occupational degree program books that are available to check out for the entire semester.

Note: Textbooks are purchased by the U.S.D.E. Carl Perkins Grant and must be used for student interested in technical/occupational degrees or certificates. See the College Catalog for listing of qualifying degree programs. 

Emergency Loans

We provide emergency loans for small bills and temporary help. You must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours and have a means of repaying the loan. Upon receipt of your emergency loan, a block will be placed on your student record until your loan is paid in full.

Community Resource Referrals

We help students locate off-campus assistance such as housing, health care, counseling, food, utility assistance, and clothing. ​