Continuing VA Students

Anyone who has used Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits at Dallas College within the past three years is considered a continuing student. (If it has been more than three years, you are considered a returning student and additional documentation may be required).

  1. As a continuing student you will need to submit a benefits request each semester and submit the documents below. Please have them ready to upload electronically.
    • Dallas College Registration Summary (eConnect - login required) – This is submitted every semester in which you want to claim your education benefits.
    • Program of Study (POS) – If you have changed your intended POS, it must be updated in eConnect under the Financial Aid heading and reported as part of the submission process. It is required for all VA benefits that a program of study be designated, and ALL classes are required by the POS.
  2. Submit Request for Benefits.
  3. You will receive an email with instructions on how to submit the required information and documents. For information security, it is important to follow the instructions.
  4. Submit all required documents and information. Incomplete submissions cannot be processed. Please contact the campus military-connected services office for assistance as needed.
  5. You will receive follow up information regarding your submissions and any additional requirements.
  6. Changes – Report all enrollment changes to your campus military-connected services office.
  7. Following semesters: For each following semester you must submit a new online benefits request. This is required for both VA and Hazlewood benefits and allows us to ensure all criteria are met and you are receiving the correct benefits and assistance. If you have been enrolled during the past three years follow the instructions for Continuing VA Students. If your last enrollment was over three years ago, follow the instructions for Returning VA Students.