The Picquet Military Scholarship was established in 2000 by Dallas College retiree Jim Picquet in honor of a his father.
Eugene Newman Picquet considered himself an ordinary naval warrior in the times of World War II. He knew many who gave their lives and believed strongly in helping all who returned home to have a continued purpose to live. His family hopes that those who benefit from this scholarship fund (both active military and their families) find purpose in their college studies that prepare them for a better life.
Amount of Award
up to $100 per semester
Number of Awards Per Year
Varies according to available funds
- Be a Dallas College student
- Be enrolled in a Dallas College distance learning course
- Be a military student or spouse who is enrolled in a program of study at Dallas College
- Have and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours
- Be in good standing with the Financial Aid Office of Dallas College
First Friday in June
Applicants must submit the following:
Dallas College Foundation scholarship application form
- One-page typed essay explaining why higher education is important to a military family.
- Official transcript of previous high school and college work. An unofficial transcript may be accepted with the application form, but an official transcript is required within 30 days of application.
Recipients are selected by committee.
For more information contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-378-1531
You can apply for all Dallas College scholarships through