On behalf of the women and men of the Dallas College Police Department, we would like to welcome you to our diverse, fun and vibrant campus community.
We are here to serve the needs of our students, faculty and staff by providing a welcoming, accessible, safe and secure educational environment.
Our goal is to build a community of trust through partnerships, transparency, fair and impartial policing. The members of the Dallas College Police Department are professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of individuals we serve.
You play a key role in keeping our campus community safe. We encourage you to become involved by proactively identifying issues before they become problems and playing an active role in making Dallas College a safe and successful community.
911 from a campus phone
- Call 972-860-4290 from your cellphone or noncampus phone
Connect With College Police Through the Dallas College Safety App
Dallas College Safety app allows you to receive emergency messages and call or text Dallas College Police. Connect for extra safety with Police Virtual Walk, report a crime tip or have emergency procedures at hand in the app.
Find the app in the
Apple App Store and
Google Play Store.
Remember to also download the Dallas College app! Find it in the
Apple App Store and the
Google Play Store.
For nonemergencies, please call:
- Brookhaven Campus: 972-860-4190
- Cedar Valley Campus: 972-860-8286
- Eastfield Campus: 972-860-8347
- El Centro Campus: 214-860-2134
- Mountain View Campus: 214-860-8758
- North Lake Campus: 972-273-3302
- Richland Campus: 972-238-6174
Your call is handled through the centralized dispatch system for all campuses and locations of Dallas College. When contacting police, always identify yourself and the location (campus, building, floor and room) that is of concern to you.
(Why call campus police instead of city police? Because
the response will generally be faster.)
Safety and Security Information
Police Department Offices
- Bill J. Priest: Suite 1000
- Brookhaven: Building B, Room B200
- Cedar Valley: Building E, Room E120
- Eastfield: Room N112
- El Centro: Room
- Garland Center
- Mountain View: Room W135
- North Lake: Room C204
- Pleasant Grove Center
- Richland: Pecos Hall, P160
- West Dallas Center
You can also get information about your rights under
and find out what to do if you feel you have been the victim of gender-based discrimination, harassment or sexual misconduct.
Health and Wellness
Health Center page to learn about the services Dallas College offers to meet the health and wellness needs of students, faculty and staff.
Federal Campus Sexual Assault Violence Elimination Act
In March 2013, a new Campus Sexual Assault Violence Elimination Act was passed that updates the Jeanne Clery Act to create transparency, accountability, education and collaboration. The act seeks to address the violence women face on campus.
Services We Provide
- Patrols of all campus streets, walkways and interior areas
- Battery jumps (not from vehicle to vehicle, but battery packs)
- Response to injuries and medical emergencies
- Monitoring of alarms, CCTV systems, access points
- Security and traffic control at special events and activities
- Enforce campus regulations, state laws
- Processing and maintaining reports and records, and offering security survey/audit services to campus administrators.
- Crime prevention tips and training for the college community
- Investigate complaints