Everything you need to know about Senior Tuition Waivers
Tuition Waivers are for Senior Adult/Emeritus students wishing to take credit classes for free. The tuition waiver covers up to six credit hours per semester* and will be applied at the time of class registration.
- You must be 65 at time of registration, not on the first day of class.
- You must have lived in Texas for 12 months.
- You must currently live in Dallas County with proof of residency.
How do I apply to Dallas College?
Apply online, by email, mail or fax, or stop by the Admissions Office at your campus of choice. Student wishing to attend at the Richland Campus can visit the Emeritus Office in Building T, Room T160.
- If you have attended any college or university in the past, you will also need to complete a Transcript Waiver (available at the Admissions Office).
What paperwork or documentation do I need?
You will need a copy of a photo ID. (If you come in person, we can make a copy.)
Do I have to go through the application process every semester?
No. But if you have not been enrolled in a credit class for 12 months, you will need to re-apply.
How do I know which classes qualify?
online class schedule, you will see some credit classes that are designed specifically for seniors. However, the Senior Tuition Waiver applies to any credit class offered at Dallas College.
How do I know how many credit hours a class is?
In the online class schedule, the number of credit hours is listed for each class. Credit classes typically vary from one to four credit hours. There are no printed credit class schedules.
What if a class has more than the six credit hours or I enrolled in more than 6 credit hours per semester?
You pay the difference.
* Spring and May-Term, Fall and Winter-Term, or Summer semesters.