Financial Aid for Undocumented Students

​Are you an undocumented student? Under Texas law, you may still be able to get financial aid to help you go to college.

Noriega Bill or Texas DREAM Act (HB 1403, SB 1528)

State law allows non-U.S. citizens or permanent residents to apply for state financial aid programs.

To qualify for state aid programs, you must:

  • Graduate from a Texas high school or get your GED in Texas
  • Live in Texas for three years leading up to graduation from high school
  • Live in Texas for a year before you enroll in Dallas College
  • Sign a statement provided by the college that says you plan to file for permanent residency as soon as you are eligible to apply

Need Help? Have Questions?

Contact the Financial Aid Call Center or visit a campus Financial Aid Office for more information.

Note: The identification cards issued by the Mexican government known as “Matrícula Consular” can be used as a valid ID to apply for admission. Future students of Mexican origin who don’t have a Social Security card can get a “Matrícula Consular” at their closest Mexican consulate.

You can also view Noriega bill information in Spanish.