What is Verification?
We are verifying information you put on your FAFSA.
This process is completed online. That means you must check your email often. Through email, you will find out your status, if there are any other documents we need, etc.
If you are selected, your financial aid application will not be processed until Verification is complete.
How will I know if I am selected for Verification?
There are two ways.
- You will get an email from FAFSA that includes your Student Aid Report (SAR). Your SAR will tell you if you have been chosen for Verification.
- Dallas College will also send you an email from “Student Aid Process” with the subject line “Online Verification Process.”
The Verification email will be sent to the email address you listed on your FAFSA. If you don’t see it in your in box, check your spam.
If your Student Aid Report says you have been chosen for Verification, but you don’t get an email, please contact the
Financial Aid Call Center.
If you are a dependent student, your parents will also receive the same email.
How To Complete the Verification Process
Please note that you cannot complete the Household Size worksheet with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge due to security and technical issues.
We recommend using Safari or Chrome for the best outcome.
- The Verification email will include a blue link. This link is your personal URL (PURL). Click on the link. This will take you to the Verification webpage. Enter the requested information to register.
- Create your user name, password and security questions. Be sure to choose things you will easily remember.
- If you are a dependent student, the Parent Information Box will appear. Enter the information requested. Click “Next” to continue.
- You will be asked to complete requirements specific to your FAFSA and information on your tax return.
- You will be asked to enter your parent’s email address. Remember, it must be different than your email address. If your parent does not have an email address, they must get one to complete this process.
- Your parent must complete each step in the process before you can complete your step(s).
This worksheet tells us who lives in your home, who is going to college and what kind of income you had last year.
Visit the IRS
Get Transcript page for information on acceptable documents and how to order them.
How will I know when I’m done?
You will get an email that tells you when you are done with Verification; the subject line will say, “Your Financial Aid Documents Have Been Successfully Reviewed.”