Dallas College cares about students’ academic, emotional and physical success. The (Campus Assessment, Response and Evaluation) CARE Team was created to accept referrals regarding individuals in distress or whose behavior raises concerns about their well-being or that of others. The CARE Team also addresses behaviors or mental, emotional or psychological health conditions that may be disruptive, harmful or pose a direct threat or risk to the health and safety of the Dallas College community.
Dallas College has many departments and services devoted to responding to students’ unique needs. However, many times individuals do not ask for help when they need it, so it has become imperative that college employees and students learn to identify and refer students who are in mental distress to the CARE Team.
The CARE Team is a group of qualified and dedicated college professionals with a shared mission.
- Support individual student success.
- Provide a structured, positive method to respond to individuals whose behavior is disruptive to themselves or others.
- Assist in protecting the health, safety and welfare of the individual, as well as members of the college community.
- Act as a resource for college employees.
- Manage each case individually and eliminate fragmented care.