The purpose of the Center for Equity, Inclusion and Diversity is to promote inclusive excellence across Eastfield through programs designed to enhance students' intellectual and social development, to eliminate barriers to student success and access and to develop a welcoming community that leverages all of its diversity in the advancement of learning and academic achievement.
The Center will achieve its purpose through three focus areas:
- Equity, Advocacy and Student Support Services — programs and student services designed to reduce barriers to enrollment related to financial and economic challenges, immigration and legal status and other life challenges. Specific initiatives include:
- Emergency student aid
- Financial literacy
- Mobile and on-site food pantries
- Diversity and Multicultural Support — student programs designed to help build strong personal identities and create a sense of belonging. Specific initiatives include:
- Diversity leadership initiative
- Identity development programming
- Social Justice Education and Inclusion — curricular and co-curricular experiences that create opportunities for students to achieve academic success at high levels regardless of background or preparation. Specific initiatives include:
- Service learning
- Civic engagement
- Intergroup dialogue
- Faculty and staff professional development
The Center is one of four student services units in the Student Success & Wellness Division designed to promote holistic student development through diversity and inclusion initiatives, health services, personal counseling and accessibility services.
- Center for Equity, Inclusion and Diversity