Working Wonders offers a small child care subsidy to qualifying students. If you receive the child care subsidy, you can choose your child’s/children’s licensed center. Working Wonders pays a partial subsidy directly to the child care provider. You then pay the remaining cost.
About the Subsidy
The child care subsidy is a flat amount based on the following:
- Must be enrolled in at least six credit hours per semester.
- Must have a 2.0 GPA and be in good standing with the college.
- Number of children needing the subsidy.
- The subsidy is available for academic-related hours only.
- Only those courses related to your degree will be counted.
- If you enroll in online courses, you must attend at least six hours physically on campus.
- When all else is equal, the subsidy will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
To enter the program, you must:
- Have completed a recent Working Wonders application/update form.
- Be registered for the current semester (six-plus hours) and physically attend class on campus.
- Be pursuing a technical/occupational program/AAS Degree. Your degree plan must be on file or filed with Connections staff.
- Be one of the following: a single parent, single and pregnant, a displaced homemaker, economically disadvantaged, student with a disability, receive a waiver as a former foster care youth.
- Be committed to completing the semester for which the subsidy is received.
- Show satisfactory academic progress (GPA 2.0 or higher) if you are a returning student.
How to Apply
To begin the application process, please complete the Student Care Network Referral Form.