Service Learning Changes Lives
Service Learning combines academic instruction with active community service, utilizing critical, reflective thinking to examine the world around you and your civic responsibilities. It is not volunteering. It is a mutually beneficial partnership, allowing students to apply what they have learned in the classroom to the real world while:
- Developing new skills
- Improving critical thinking skills
- Exploring career possibilities
- Making a difference by meeting community needs
- Increasing citizen support
Our Service Learning program offers students an opportunity to serve through partnerships with a wide variety of charitable and social agencies. So, come with an open mind and heart and join our commitment to serving the community and learning through service.
Service Agency List
Upcoming Service Learning Fairs
Ready to learn more about the Service Learning program?
Attend a Service Learning Fair! Many of the service agencies will be on campus to tell you more about where you can serve. Fairs are scheduled at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
Why Participate in Service Learning?
Some of the
benefits of participating in the program include:
- Learn from agency staff, clients, the experience and the instructor
- Explore majors and careers, gain valuable job experience and strengthen your résumé
- Enhance your critical thinking skills and moral/ethical development
- Apply what you’ve learned in school in a real-life setting
- Learn about other cultures’ values and traditions
Learn More About Service Learning