You may not be able to register online for a number of reasons. Here are the most common:
1. You haven’t completed the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) pre-assessment activity and assessment testing.
New students must complete
TSI assessment testing to assess their basic skills in reading, math, and writing.
2. You have academic or financial blocks on your student record.
Students must be in
good standing and have no academic or financial blocks on their student record. If you are unsure if you meet online registration eligibility,
meet with a Success Coach (Advisor).
You can view your student record and any restrictions on your record in the Advising Report in eConnect:
- Click on the Current Credit Student Menu.
- Click on My Advising Report (GPA) from the list on the bottom left side and log in.
- Any restrictions on your record will be listed on the second page under Credit Registration Eligibility Status
- Contact the department listed under the restriction to resolve and remove it.
3. You have fewer than 12 hours of college-level credit, and you haven’t taken the Learning Framework (EDUC 1300) class.
If you’re not sure if you need the
Learning Framework class, visit a Success Coach (Advisor). If you know you need to take the Learning Framework class and want to register online using
eConnect, you may do so as long as the Learning Framework class is included on your list of desired classes.
4. You owe Dallas College money.
You need to visit the Business Office at your campus and pay the balance before you can register online.
5. You haven’t met the prerequisite for each class.
You may register online for those classes where the prerequisite has been met. If you’re unsure about prerequisites, meet with a
Success Coach (Advisor), who will explain what you need to meet this requirement.
6. You have a student ID number, but you haven’t completed the credit admissions process.
If you have taken a continuing education class at Dallas College — even a class your parents signed you up for when you were a child — you have a student ID number. However, you can’t register for
credit classes until you complete the credit student application for admission and are accepted.
Also, keep in mind that if it has been more than 12 months since you attended a Dallas College campus, then you will need to submit a new credit application.