How to Enroll

​If you have earned credits from another college or university, you'll need to follow the steps below to register for credit courses as a transfer student at Dallas College.​

What steps do I need to follow to enroll in credit courses?

  1. Complete an application for admission.
  2. Request official transcripts from all colleges or universities you have previously attended. Have them mailed to us at:
    Dallas College
    Attention: Admissions Processing
    3737 Motley Drive
    Mesquite, TX 75150

    (Transcripts must be no older than three years from the date they were printed.)
  3. Once we receive your official transcripts, we'll evaluate them to determine how many credits will transfer. Before the end of your first semester, , we will provide your official evaluation.

    See frequently asked questions about the transcript evaluation process. If you have questions, contact the Admissions/Registrar’s Office. (Learn more about transfer credit.)
  4. Unless you meet certain exemptions, you'll need to submit TSI assessment test scores from the last college you attended or complete assessment testing. A success coach will determine if you are required to take assessment testing.
  5. Find the courses you want to take. You can register for classes with the help of a success coach, or you may be eligible for self-registration.

Summer Visiting Students

Are you a student at a four-year college or university interested in taking a class or two while you're home for the summer? See our Visiting University Students page for additional information.

For more information, contact the Success Coaching (Advising) Center.



Are you transferring classes to Dallas College from another school? Do you want to see how your Dallas College courses will transfer to a university?

Transferology lets you easily see what course equivalents you’ll receive, and which Dallas College classes are recognized at other institutions. Create a free Transferology account to see how all your credits transfer.

Get Started With Transferology