In the renowned Dallas College Culinary and Pastry Arts program, you will train alongside experienced professionals, develop dynamic skills and build strong industry connections.
This certificate training program is funded through Dallas College’s WorkReadyU. WorkReadyU is a no-cost adult education program that prepares the adult student for an in-demand career. Our program provides training through classroom instruction and hands-on participation in Culinary Arts, Bakery/Pastry Arts, and Food and Hospitality Management. Advanced students get real-world experience each semester by preparing complete three-course meal services that are open to the public.
About the Culinary Arts Foundations Certificate
This program includes:
- Job training in the food service industry
- A built-in pipeline to employers
- Coaching for career advancement
See what classes you will take.
Minimum Eligibility and Requirements:
- Age 18 or older
- Resident of Dallas County
- High school diploma or GED
- Do not already possess a 4-year degree
- English literacy
* If you are interested in this program at no cost, additional eligibility requirements will apply and a standard background check will be conducted.
How to Apply
Pre-registration and pre-screening is required before you attend orientation.
Complete the Interest Form
Various dates and times for your convenience are available. Please contact
Steve DeShazo to schedule.
For more information
class schedules to see the credit courses offered for the upcoming term.