Thank you! As a faculty member who is visiting this site you are indicating a desire to help cultivate Honor students to be successful not only at Dallas College but beyond. We hope as you review our site and have heard about the Honors Program that you will agree to submit a course proposal to help our students grow.
The Honors council is made up of faculty, staff, and student stakeholders who support the success of the Honors Program. Their goal is to uphold the charter of the Honors Program, review and approve courses, and help to provide high caliber co-curricular experiences for Honor students. The current membership and charter of the Honors Council will be updated soon.
Benefits as Honors Faculty
- Small class sizes that foster in-depth discussion
- Freedom to try innovative and exploratory learning methods
- Coursework involving research, independent inquiry, project-based learning, creative expression, service-learning, and other kinds of experiential learning
- High caliber students who are ready to learn
- Special events and programs
- Honor Lounges with dedicated staff to help support you in your success
Applying to be Honors Faculty
To apply to be Honors faculty, you must complete the Proposal to Teach a Dallas College Honors Course. The form can be found on SharePoint by clicking here.
If you are a returning Honors faculty member wishing to teach another semester, please complete the Request to teach an existing Dallas College Honors Course form.
We understand you may have several questions about the honors program and as faculty if it is a good fit for you. Please reach out to Erika Machuca at email@example.com to set up a time to meet and learn more.