College Work-Study Programs

College Work-Study is a need-based financial aid program that provides part-time jobs for eligible students to earn money to pay for educational expenses. 

College Work-Study programs available to students at Dallas College are funded by the U.S. Department of Education and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. College Work-Study jobs are available for on-campus and off-campus positions.

Note:  Although a work-study award will appear on your award letter, funds must be earned. Funds earned are paid directly to you, monthly, and are not credited to your student account.

Types of College Work-Study Programs

Federal Work-Study (FWS)

The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program is a need-based financial aid program. It provides funds that students earn through part-time employment to help pay the costs of their educational expenses.


Texas College Work-Study (TCWS)

The purpose of the TCWS program is to provide part-time employment to eligible students with financial need. These positions are funded by a combination of state appropriations and funds from employers.

Texas Work-Study Student Mentorship Program

The purpose of the Work-Study Student Mentorship Program is to provide employment to eligible students with financial need to mentor, tutor or advise students at participating institutions of higher education or high school students within local school districts and nonprofit organizations. The primary goal of the program is to improve and increase student access, success and completion of higher education and to provide employed WSMP students with an opportunity to gain and strengthen career-readiness skills. These student mentor, tutor and advising positions are funded by a combination of state appropriations provided by the Texas College Work-Study (TCWS) program and matching funds from participating institutions.


Other Work Opportunities

Dallas College also provides a limited number of on-campus, part-time employment opportunities for students who do not demonstrate financial need. Your campus Career Center often has information on available job openings for students off-campus.

Contact Work-Study