Degree audit specialists review your academic record to ensure degree and certificate requirements are met and award degrees and certificates every fall, spring, and summer semester. Each spring, Dallas College holds a graduation ceremony to honor the achievements of completed and potential graduates for that academic year.
When to Apply
Your graduation application is due by the last day of the
semester in which you intend to graduate. Please note: graduation application deadlines may be different for students who plan to participate in the May graduation ceremony.
How to Apply
Step 1: Meet with your
success coach to confirm that you are meeting your degree or certificate requirements and are ready to graduate:
- Complete all courses required for your program.
- Meet the GPA (Grade Point Average) requirements.
- Complete at least 25% of the courses required for your degree/certificate at Dallas College. (If you are completing multiple associate degrees, at least 15 hours must be unique to each degree. You may not receive both the Associate of Arts and the Associate of Science degrees.)
- Meet TSI (Texas Success Initiative) requirements.
- If you have attended other colleges or universities, up-to-date official transcripts must be on file.
Step 2: Fill out the
Please note: submit the graduation application only for the term you are completing your degree or certificate requirements. Submitting graduation applications for terms you are not completing your requirements will result in your application being denied.
After You Apply
Throughout the semester: Please check your Dallas College email regularly. Degree audit specialists will check your progress toward completion and email you with an update about the status of your application.
Late March: If you are eligible to attend the graduation ceremonies, you will receive an email with information on how to RSVP and purchase your cap and gown.
graduation ceremony is held in May to celebrate your accomplishments. (Please note that participation in the ceremony does not guarantee that you have graduated or that a degree will be awarded.)
After the Last Day of the Semester: Your record will be reviewed to see if you have completed all requirements to graduate.
Within Six to Eight Weeks after the Semester: You will receive an email notification to your Dallas College student email address, informing you that your degree or certificate has been awarded and appears on your Dallas College transcript.
- Parchment, Dallas College’s diploma vendor, will mail graduates their diplomas to the address listed on the graduation application.
- Graduates will receive an email to download their digital credentials. If you do not have a Parchment account, one will be created for you, and the Parchment website will prompt you to enter a password.
- You can contact
Parchment Member Support if you are having trouble logging in.