The TRIO Talent Search program identifies and assists individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education. The program provides academic, career and financial counseling to its participants and encourages them to graduate from high school and continue on to complete their postsecondary education.
Services are available for students in sixth through 12th grades as well as adults ages 19-27.
- Students at least 11 years of age, who have completed the fifth grade
- Target Schools: (Grades 6-12)
- E.B. Comstock Jr. Middle School
- Fred F. Florence Middle School
- Piedmont Global Academy Middle School
- W.W. Samuell High School
- Skyline High School
- H. Grady Spruce High School
- Low income and/or potential first-generation college students
- United States citizens or permanent resident status (must provide a copy of resident card)
- Access to tutoring
- Academic advisement
- College awareness activities
- Career exploration activities
- SAT and ACT waivers and preparation
- College application fee waivers
- Advanced placement and dual credit assistance
- College tours and field trips
- College entrance exam prep
- Assistance applying for college admissions
- Assistance with scholarship applications
- Assistance applying for federal financial aid
Contact us for information about applying.
TRIO Talent Search
- Mon-Tues: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tues: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Thurs-Fri: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sat-Sun: Closed