TRIO Upward Bound is a federally funded program designed to assist students in improving their academic skills, successfully completing their high school education, enrolling in and graduating from postsecondary institutions.
The TRIO Upward Bound program develops the academic and motivational potential of students in the ninth through 12th grades to prepare them for college success.
TRIO Upward Bound Interest Form
TRIO Upward Bound provides fundamental support to students in preparation for college entrance. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their pre-college performance and ultimately in their higher education pursuits.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be in 9th‐12th grades attending W.W. Samuell High School, or living in the following ZIP codes - 75217, 75227, 75253.
- Must be a first‐generation, low‐income or academically at‐risk student.
- Academic tutoring
- SAT/ACT preparation
- Assistance completing FAFSA
- Exposure to cultural events, career options post‐secondary educational options
- Students are required to attend all program sponsored activities and are paid stipends for their participation.
For more information, call 972‐860‐7284.
- Administrative Assistant II
- Program Services Coordinator