The Student Support Services (SSS) - TRIO program provides support services to individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in postsecondary education and works with students to provide realistic education planning, transfer information and individualized academic advisement.
Professional staff, tutors and mentors provide individualized services that address each student’s unique needs as they confront the challenges of completing a college degree.
Our mission is to provide support for first-generation college students, students with disabilities and students with economic needs. The program promotes academic success, retention, career planning and graduation. We strive to offer students a comfortable environment to create productive interactions with project and college staff members. This relationship fosters growth, academic achievement and an understanding of opportunities and services available to assist students as they overcome challenges.
Do You Qualify?
In order to qualify to receive support services from TRIO, you must meet the following guidelines:
- Be a citizen of the U.S. or a permanent resident.
- Be accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled at North Lake.
- Have a need for academic support services and show potential and motivation to be successful at North Lake.
- Meet at least one of the following criteria.
- First-generation college student - neither parent graduated from a four-year college.
- Economically disadvantaged - typically, students who qualify for a Pell Grant are considered low-income.
- Have a documented disability.
To apply, each student is required to complete an application, supply requested verification documentation, participate in an interview with an advisor and complete an academic assessment. If you feel you qualify and are interested in joining the TRIO Student Support Services Program, then please email us, call us at 972-273-3150 or visit our office in A-413 to learn more about the program.
All services are funded by the U.S. Department of Education. Educational opportunities are offered by Dallas College without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender or disability.
Apply for TRIO Student Support Services
- Program Services Coordinator
Contact North Lake TRIO Student Support Services
Mon-Thurs: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.