Anyone who used Texas Hazlewood benefits at Dallas College without a break is considered a continuing student. (If you took a break and did not attend the previous spring or fall term, you are considered a returning student for Hazlewood benefits).
- Gather the documents below and have them ready to upload electronically.
Hazlewood Act Exemption Application for Continuing – Download current application from the Texas Veterans Commission (TVC) Hazlewood website, complete and sign. Review documentation requirements and have them ready to submit.
Hazlewood Student Hours Report – Required each term for all Hazlewood benefits.
*For Legacy students BOTH the veteran’s and the student’s hours must be submitted.
Dallas College Registration Summary (eConnect - login required) – Submit every semester in which you want to claim your education benefits.
Program of Study (POS) – In order to calculate required Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), veterans and Legacy students must select a program of study in eConnect under the Financial Aid heading. For Legacy students, ALL classes must be required by the POS. Students using the spouse and dependent benefits are not required to designate a POS.
Proof of Age – (Hazlewood Legacy only) Must be 25 years old or younger on the first day of the semester or term.
- Submit Request for Benefits.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to submit the required information and documents. For information security, it is important to follow the instructions.
- Submit all required documents and information. Incomplete submissions cannot be processed. Please contact the campus military-connected services office for assistance as needed.
- You will receive follow up information regarding your submissions and any additional requirements.
- Changes – Report all enrollment changes.
- Following semesters: For each following semester you must submit a new online benefits request. This is required for both VA and Hazlewood benefits and allows us to ensure all criteria are met and you are receiving the correct benefits and assistance. If you remain continuously enrolled, follow the instructions for Continuing Hazlewood Students. If you took a break and did not attend the following spring or fall term, follow the instructions for Returning Hazlewood Students.