Why is this a good career bet?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for human resources professionals will grow by 4% in the state of Texas over the next five years. This is an in-demand profession, especially with the growing workforce in the North Texas region.
Jobs are available within 25 miles of the DFW Metroplex for those who:
What will I learn in the HR program?
Dallas College will teach you the fundamentals of human resources, including:
- How to recruit, onboard and manage employees
- Human Resources recordkeeping and management
- How to interpret and manage benefits and compensation
- How to understand and explain the legal and ethical issues
- Material to prepare for the Associate Professional of Human Resources (aPHR) exam from HRCI
Can you explain what my new job would entail?
A human resources assistant career would include the following job tasks:
- Sort and manage employee records and key documents
- Prepare files and forms for new employees, update employment status and help new employees get access to resources
- Work in the HR departments to help manage recruitment, benefits, administration and maintain records for the other employees at that business