Dallas College Health Services promotes and provides health, wellness and preventative care to meet the needs of college students, employees and the communities it serves.
Health Services at Dallas College campuses are provided by registered nurses licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing and subject to the Texas Nursing Practice Act and American College Health Association guidelines.
In the event medication and/or treatment services are required, Dallas College Health Services may provide such treatment under orders from a contracted medical provider.
Health services are offered collegewide and are available at all campuses.
Get the flu shot, not the flu! Free flu shots now available to students in the
The mission of Health Services is to provide nursing care and learning opportunities to promote and facilitate good health and wellness for the college community and surrounding areas.
Health Services Available at Our Campus Health Centers
The following nursing services are offered at our campus Health Centers, but not limited to:
- General health information and confidential health counseling
- Over-the-counter (nonprescription) medicines such as Tylenol, aspirin and antacids for those 18 and older
- First aid for minor illness and injuries
- Tuberculosis skin tests
- Screenings: pregnancy, HIV, STIs, hearing and vision
- Health and well-being presentations and events
- Referrals to campus and community resources
* Students seeking vaccinations are encouraged to bring a copy of their most recent immunization records to the Health Center.
Students do not need to be sick to come to the Health Center. Health questions and concerns are welcome.
Students with chronic health problems should contact Health Services to discuss any special concerns with the nurse before attending classes or whenever problems arise. No information about your health will be released without your written permission unless required by law.
Nurse Help Line
Dallas College Health Services offers a Nurse Help Line to all students and employees seeking health advice and information.
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-8:30 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.