Working Wonders

Are you taking classes with the goal of completing an Associate of Applied Science degree or certificate?

The Working Wonders program can help you meet the challenges of entering or reentering the workforce.

smiling girl

Program Services

*Working Wonders pays a subsidy (a partial sum of money) allotted for child care directly to your child's/children's licensed center. You then pay the remaining cost.

Program Requirements

Working Wonders supports Career and Technical Education (CTE) students. To be eligible for Working Wonders, you must:

  1. be a technical/occupational program/A.A.S. degree student and
  2. fall in one of these categories:
    • individual with disabilities
    • person from an economically disadvantaged family, including low-income youth and adults
    • individual preparing for a nontraditional field (25% or less of one gender is employed in that occupation)
    • single parent, including single pregnant women
    • unemployed person
    • English learner
    • homeless person
    • a youth who is in, or has aged out of, the foster care system
    • a youth with a parent who
      • is a member of the armed forces (as defined in section 101(a)(4) of title 10, United States Code); and
      • is on active duty (as defined in section 101(d)(1) of such title)

    Special emergency situations can also make a student eligible.

In addition, Working Wonders participants must:

  • Be registered for the current semester.
  • Be enrolled in nine or more credit hours for the Fall or Spring semesters (or equivalency to full-time student status) and six or more credit hours for the Summer semester (or equivalency to full-time student status).
    • Note: only courses related to your certificate or degree plan will be considered.
  • Have a 2.0 GPA on your advising report and be in Good Standing with the college.
  • Be Federal Pell Grant eligible.
  • Have an official degree plan or program of study in place.
  • Be committed to completing the semester for which the child care subsidy is received.

How to Apply

To access Working Wonder’s program services – including child care assistance and/or textbook loans, begin the application process. Complete the Student Care Network Referral Form.


Contact Us

For questions about child care assistance, please call 214-860-5800 and ask for the Basic Needs and Community Connections, or email